1. Processing of personal data provided via the Website
In accordance with the provisions of the legislation relating to personal data, Softonic International, S.A., with registered office at Edificio MediaTIC, Calle Roc Boronat, 117, 6th floor, 08018 Barcelona, Spain, as owner of the Website (in Spain and the rest of the world), informs users of the existence of two separate files – ‘users’ and ‘ customers’ – registered by Softonic, duly registered with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
- Creation of a community of users interested in software, where they can share their opinions and favorite programs with other users.
- To provide users’ opinions about computer programs, via the Website, in fora and other electronic means, such as social media.
- To inform users about reviews, news, tutorials, opinions, all related to the world of software.
- To recommend software to users, based on their interests, download history and navigation habits via the Website, as well as based on the comments from users using their Softonic profile in social media.
- To study and analyze information provided by users, as well as based on information obtained in aggregate format for statistical purposes via cookies (see our Cookies Policy), in order to evaluate new trends or services.
- To share and send contents and opinions.
- Provided previous consent from users, to send electronic communications for promotional and informative purposes regarding the software sector or any other sectors that might be of interest, such as the ones indicated in clause 8 below.
- To send SMSs and e-mails at the user’s request, in order to provide with the installation URL of the requested mobile application.
- To show relevant promotions in other websites and social networks that may be of interest for the user.
- Sale and promotion of software and other content related to electronic means, PC, Mac, mobiles and/or any other electronic communication device.
- Provided previous consent from Developers, to send electronic communications for promotional and informative purposes regarding the software sector or any other sectors that might be of interest, such as the ones indicated in clause 8 below.
3. Mandatory or optional nature of the information provided by the User and reliability of the information
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) on the registration forms to be filled in by the user are strictly necessary to service your request, with the inclusion of data in the remaining fields being voluntary.
You warrant that all personal information you provide is accurate and up to date so that it reflects truthfully to the current situation of the user. It is the responsibility of the user to maintain his or her data current, at all times; the user is solely responsible for the inaccuracy or falsity of the information provided and any damages caused thereby to Softonic or third parties for the use of services offered by Softonic based on such information.
4. Privacy Control
The user, from his or her personal menu, can choose and change the level of privacy that he or she wishes with respect to his or her personal data provided to Softonic. In this way a user may choose the type of profile that best fits his or her interests:
- Public Profile: All personal user information is always kept private. However, from the option “Change privacy” in a user´s personal menu, a user may make public their information relating to “Show my profile to other users”, “Activity visible for all users”, “Favorites visible for all users” and “Friends visible to all users”. If users have a personal photo or avatar to represent them in Softonic, that photo will also be public to other users.
- Private Profile: All personal user information is always kept private. Users can also make private (that is, not visible to other users) their information relating to “Show my profile to other users”, “Activity visible for all users”, “Favorites visible for all users” and “Friends visible to all users”.
5. User Consent
When filling out the form and clicking “send”, the user confirms to have read and expressly accepted the Website´s legal terms, and gives his or her unequivocal and explicit consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes set out here and the services provided by Softonic.
Also, the user expressly consents to the possibility that his or her opinions and content contributed to the Website will be treated by Softonic for the purposes indicated herein.
We do not sell the personal information of our users to third parties for commercial purposes without the express consent of users. We might, however, disclose personal information to comply with legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to legal claims relating to infringement by ads or other content of third party rights or to protect the rights of any person or their property or their safety.
7. Data provided by minors
Those over fourteen years old may register as users of the Website without the prior consent of their parent or guardian.
For children under fourteen years old, the written consent from parents or guardians for the processing of your personal data is required, along with copy of their national ID card, which must be sent to the email address email@example.com.
In no case shall data with respect to the professional, economic or the privacy of other family members of a minor be collected, without their express consent. Only the data relating to the identity and address of parents or guardians of the user under fourteen years may be collected, with the sole purpose of obtaining the necessary authorization.
If you are under fourteen years old and you have accessed this Website without telling your parents or guardians, you must not register as a user.
8. Electronic Communications
The completion and submission of registration forms from Softonic and the enabling of the relevant check box, implies the express consent of the user for the receipt of promotional electronic communications in which may be included news and information about the Website, as well as electronic communications relating to the software industry, third party offers promoted and sent by Softonic, news, contest etc…
We provide two mechanisms by which users who so request may modify or remove its consent to receipt such electronic communications in a simple, fast and free manner: To do this, the user must enter the access menu and disable the send option in the section on electronic communications. They may also opt out of this service by following the instructions at the bottom of the body of electronic communications.
We inform users that we have adopted the necessary technical and organizational measures established by regulations to ensure the security of personal data and avoid its alteration, loss, or unauthorized access, given the state of technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed, all in accordance with the provisions of the current applicable legislation and regulations.
10. Right of access, modification, opposition and cancellation of data
You have the right to access your data held by us, modify it if the data is wrong, to oppose certain treatments of data and to unsubscribe from certain services offered by Softonic.
These rights can be exercised by the settings offered in your personal account of the Website, accessed by including your email address and your personal password.
In case of problems in online access, and for any other queries or concerns about our data protection policy, you may directly exercise your rights of access, modification, cancellation and opposition by writing to:
Calle Roc Boronat, 117, 6th floor.
Or via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the subject and request.
The processing of personal data and the sending of commercial communications by electronic means are in compliance with current regulations.
We reserve the right to amend this policy to adapt to future legislation or case law.
12. Governing Law
13. Inquiries about this Policy